Sunday, November 27, 2016

Have Faith!

In the name of Allah, All-Knowing.

It's been a while since I last wrote here. In fact, it feels a little awkward to even write an entry here. Life has been hectic for me. Work, after work, after work... But let's not talk about work for today. Today, I am sharing a poem I wrote six years ago.

For whatever reason, a friend of mine was feeling down. She wrote this:



I replied to her poem with another poem:

With each winning,
we earn fame.
But,
With each failure,
we learn lessons
and we gain strength.
We become stronger
with each failure.
And in fact, a bit wiser too.
The key here is 'patience.'

Plan ahead
as if we are going to
live another thousand years.
Reminisce
as if we can
go back in time.
Live today
as if we are going to
die any moment now.
The key here is 'balance.'

The secret of
good planning
and decision-making
do not lie in
how far ahead
we look at something.
But rather,
at how we consider
and reconsider
and again, reconsider:
The elements of
the now
the past
and the future.
The key here is 'clarity.'

Now that we have learnt
the essence
and important
keys to planning
and decision-making,
there is another thing
to bear in mind:
"We propose, Allah disposes."
Knowing this,
we should understand that
above 'patience', 'balance' and 'clarity'
lay the most essential key.
This is FAITH.

Plan, then execute it.
Next, have Faith--
In Allah.
In ourselves.
The best shall come our way
when we least expected it.
Because Allah knows better
what is best for us.



Looking back at what I wrote, I definitely surprised myself. Didn't know I was so wise back then. *giggles*

For those who are facing failure or any kind of difficulties in life, this poem is for you. May Allah ease your trouble and pain.

No comments: