Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pergimu Diiringi Du'aku

I grew up with his songs.
I love his songs
even when others don't.
I love his voice the most.
I learnt a lot from his songs -
of love for Allah
of love for the Prophet
of love among Muslims.
I looked up to him
as one of my role models
when I was a kid.
Even until this very moment
I think very highly
of him.

But now he's gone.
Forever gone.

So long, ustaz Asri Ibrahim, the former vocalist of Nadamurni and was the vocalist of Rabbani before he passed away this morning. [click here]


May Allah forgives all your sins,
and I pray your soul be placed among the Believers.


Because to Allah we all belong, and to Him we shall return.


But I will continue listening to your songs as they always make me feel soothed whenever I'm troubled.


Thank you for your songs.

No comments: