Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Little Prayer

*toot* *toot*

Me: Assalaamu'alaikum.
Female's voice: Wa'alaikumsalaam.
Me: Kak Jah! Nie Din. Mak ada? Nak cakap ngan mak.
Kak Jah: Okay. [passing her phone to my mom]
My mom: Assalaamu'alaikum.
Me: Wa'alaikummussalaam. Mak macamana? Awat tak habaq kat Din pon yang mak masuk spital?
My mom: Din sehat ka kat sana?
Me: Alhamdulillah, Din sehat. Mak tue la yang tak sehat. Saket sampai masok spital pon tamau habaq kat Din.
My mom: Takpa la. Din dok sana blajaq elok-elok.
Me: Mak macamana?
My mom: Macam besa la. Demam-demam, tak lalu nak makan. Baru-baru nie depa check kata buah pinggang tak berfungsi. Sebab batu karang dulu kot. Takpa la. Nak buat macamana . . . dah Dia nak bagi kat mak. Mak sabaq ja la.
Me: [sniffle] Sapa dok jaga mak kat spital?
My mom: La nie kak Jah ang dok jaga mak. Dok tukaq-tukaq ngan kak Chik ngan abang Bidi ang la. Abah ang dok mai tiap-tiap hari tapi ari nie tak mai. Demam.
Me: Kak Chaq ngan abang Wan?
My mom: Depa ada anak kecik. Tapi depa dok mai la jenguk mak bila-bila depa boleh.
Me: . . . Din nak balik.
My mom: Bila Din abes blajaq sana?
Me: Tak konfem tarikh lagi. InsyaAllah tengah bulan 11 atau awai bulan 12.
My mom: Takpa la, brapa bulan ja lagi tue.
Me: Din nak balik nak jaga mak.
My mom: Jangan dok gatai nak balik la. Dok sana blajaq elok-elok. Jangan dok risau sangat pasai mak. Kakak-kakak ang dok ada jaga mak. Lagipon Tuhan bagi penyakit nie nak uji kesabaran. Kita sabaq dia tolong kita balik.


I was holding my tears back when I was on the phone with my mom. I know if I burst into tears, she'll get upset even more. That's my mom. She's been keeping things to herself. Not wanting me to know whenever she got sick and hospitalised because she doesn't want me to worry about her. Always pretend to be strong.

Don't you know that keeping things secret from me like that makes me even more worried about you, mom?

But yes, you are one of the strongest persons I've ever known in my life. You put other people before yourself. You concern about my health first even when you yourself are about to undergo a major operation, yet you keep that secret from me.

Owh, how I feel like going back.

To be there by your side.
To take care of you.

But you told me not to.

I guess all I have and the least I could for the moment, is to pray. Yes, prayer is all I have and the least I could do for you, mom . . . at the moment.



O Allah! Before You I kneel and prostrate. If in my every prayer up to this moment I've asked You for too many selfish things; this time I only have one and only one request: Please keep my mom safe and let the operation goes smoothly tomorrow and turns out to be successful. I'd rather forfeit any other requests if You could fulfil this one thing I'm asking You. Verily, You are the Grantor of All Wishes and only You whom I can always turn to for help. Ameen . . .

10 comments:

Mrs. H said...

insyaallah, she's gonna be fine.
sy juge doakan beliau sihat dan selamat..
:)

Stray Kitty said...

Atie doakan mak chouji sihat dan segala2nya selamat hendaknya..insyallah. Banyak-banyak doa utk mak ye. Biasalah parents, dorg taknak anak2 risau. Tapi, duduk berjauhan, hati mana tak risau kan? Tc, jgn sedey2. kalau chouji sedey, mak lg sedey n susah hati...

mizzshaina said...

be strong during this testing time. i'll pray for ur mum too insyaAllah
nanti apape update la ye

NDMK said...

salam hafiz,

hope everything is gonna be fine.I'll pray for the best for her. Ameen.

Allah swt sedang berbicara denganmu tentang sabar...

hafiz CHouJi said...

To all: Sarah, Dyana, Atie and Keyna

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and supports. And thank you for praying for my mom too. I called her last night and she said thanks to everyone who prays for her.

By the way, my mom's condition is getting better. The operation is postponed to another day, waiting for a suitable time and slot.

sekolahidup said...

slm...

people always thought that keeping the bad news is a good deed for people abroad... well, personally I don't agree... knowing it at the worst stage, is more destructive...

just keep praying... May Allah granted the best for her condition... and you too

take care dear

Anonymous said...

I wish and pray to Allah for the best for you, your mother and your family. May all goes well for you. Ameen.

kudabesi said...

smoga cepat sembuh

TRAVELLER said...

salam hafizuddin,

Banyakkan bersabar. Allah knows what your mum & you & your family are going through.

Maybe boleh give your mum this doa (maybe Hafizuddin dah tau wallahua'lam)
[al-anbiya' 21:83]

Ihfazillah yahfazka

hafiz CHouJi said...

To Kak Hanis, Fizah, Otai and Nabilah, thank you so much for your support and prayers.

My mom is getting better now. The doctor said she doesn't need to undergo the operation as it is not as bad as they predicted.

Anyways, it is thanks to everyone who prayed for my mom's health and well-being. Thank you so much!

~p/s: Thanks Nabilah for reminding about the du'a. Hope everyone reading this can benefit from it. InsyaAllah.