Saturday, July 25, 2009

Deep(er) Conversations II

I so love deep conversations. I emphasised about this in an entry before.

You see, I was playing an old GBA game I love on my laptop when I heard Joe listening to a nasheed titled Muhasabah Cinta. It is a soundtrack for a Malaysian drama titled Nur Kasih, if I'm not mistaken. Joe kept on repeating the song for nth times, plus playing his guitar using the chord he found on the net.

I heard the word "cinta" too many times, my mind was intoxicated with it. That reminds me of two conversations I had with friends about love.

(Owh, yeah. This time, the characters are not as obvious as the other entry but guesses are warmly welcomed. *smiles*)



I - Love others because you love Allah

P: You know, I've been saving up money just in case I'll find a girl who is ready to be my wife. See, I have planned something for my future.
Me: Wow.
P: Any girl who could make me fall for her, that's the one I'll marry.
Me: Cool.
P: You see, Chouji, to find someone to go through the ups and downs in life together, with passion and patience is not easy.
Me: You mean?
P: Well, almost everyone can go to through life's ups and downs. But can they do it without losing passion and patience?
Me: Hurm . . . you got a good point there.
P: I envy you, bro. You've been saving up money as I'm doing and you've found "the one". Go Chouji! I support you. [laughing]
Me: Errr . . . what are you crapping about, man? Even if I've found someone I like and wanting to marry, I don't think she likes me as I like her. [pretentious smile]
P: Aw, c'mon. For me, it's not that important if she likes you or not. What important here is your efforts. And prayers.
Me: Huh?
P: I mean, you must put in some effort to find a good candidate for your future wife. From there, you pray to Allah to open up her heart for you. For your good, I mean. Don't hope for her to like you. You see, when we want something from another human, that desire often become lustful and in the end, we forget Him. We forget Allah because of humans.
Me: Thanks, I get what you mean.
P: Remember, my friend. Love others because you love Allah. Love the ones you love because of Allah. And I pray the best for you.



II - Marriage is love's starting point

Me: Hey, have you heard? Dayah Menn (my schoolmate) is going to get married this weekend.
A: Owh, really? With whom? Anyone we know?
Me: Nah, with a guy from Sik. I don't know him neither.
A: Owh, I see. Menn's getting married . . . and I don't even have a bf yet. [sigh]
Me: [laughing] How about J?
A: Owh, you. Just shut up already. Stop talking about him. And you. How about you? Thought I heard you got a gf or something.
Me: It's history.
A: Owh. Broke up?
Me: Yup. Not meant for each other, it seems.
A: Sorry to hear that.
Me: Nah, it's okay. I don't regret anything.
A: [dead silent]
Me: Aw, c'mon, sis! I'm okay.
A: So you're not looking for a new gf now?
Me: Sheesh.
A: Hurm?
Me: I'm not experienced with love relationship. In fact, I've only been in one and it was only for few months.
A: What are you trying to imply?
Me: I haven't finished my point there, my dear.
A: Owh, sorry~ [sticks tongue out]
Me: What I was trying to say is, I'm not gonna be in any other love relationship after this. I'm not expecting anything lesser than a marriage.
A: Wow! What a statement!
Me: [laughing] I didn't mean to talk big whatsoever. But you see, in that one relationship I've been in, I wasn't satisfied.
A: That sounds SO wrong!
Me: Hey! Don't take me wrong.
A: Chills, brother. I was just kidding. [laughing] Now, why weren't you satisfied?
Me: I mean, I felt uncomfortable when I was in that relationship. Something wrong somewhere but I couldn't tell what was it. Perhaps many things wrong everywhere.
A: Owh. You know, I think love alone lead a couple nowhere.
Me: Owh, my. I agree with you. In my opinion, love should have a goal and that goal is marriage - from where, many things begin.
A: That may be true. I always think that love will fade with time. That's why it needs nourishment, which is marriage. As you said, many things begin from marriage though some people think that marriage is the endpoint for love.
Me: Wow, what an analogy!
A: For me, marriage is a starting point for something much bigger. In marriage, we will learn about each other. Don't you agree, brother?
Me: Can't say no to that, now, can I? [laughing]



Note: As always, I reconstructed some parts of the conversation, omitted some names and turned its content into a more suitable read for public. If I write exactly as the original conversation, there will be more craps to read than the intended contents. Ahaha~

1 comment:

alfina said...

i never really thought about relationship that deep. i mean, all the stuff about love others because you love Allah. I'm the kind who loves because of lust i guess.

it sounds a bit disgusting. but there's that.