Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Big Jump of My Life: I Jumped, You'll Jump. Remember?

It was April 15th - just 5 more days from when I'll turn 22 - and I decided to make a big jump of my life (the biggest jump should be a skydive I hope to do). It was at Nevis River, and the jump was the Australasia's highest. But just 134m, though. Here's the river:


See the small white box? That's the port where all bungy jumpers will jump from. Looks scary eh? Perhaps. But I was numb with no feelings and was sickly, with running nose. You don't expect a chap to worry about height when he's busy wiping his running nose, no? Ahaha~ X'P

Before I went to do the big jump, I snapped a photo as remembrance. Here:














And another snap for the fellowship of the Nevis jumpers that day:


And then the staff hailed us to get into a small gondola that took us to the jumping port. All were excited, hearts racing fast. We embarked the small mechanical transporter - towards the jumping port!

I thought to jump the second last before Acap, but luck was "on my side", I'd say. The heaviest will jump first, said the staff. Dang! Why discriminate heavy people to jump first? What if the cable snaps? The next person can't jump, right? Ahaha~

Here's the excited faces (no fear at that moment):














Above: Towards the jumpers' port

Right: Smiling with cable attached to feet














Measuring the height. 134m ain't that bad, eh? (whispering: Hey bro. If you dare pushing, you'll go down with me. Heh!)

You don't bungy jump every day now, do you? Okay. No more time to waste. Let's jump!






Okay, I didn't die jumping the Australasia's highest bungy. If I died, how can I ever write this entry anyways? Ahaha~ I was sooo excited after the jump I felt like jumping again. But bungy jumps aren't cheap, see? SO. A jump is enough. Here's the proof I was damn excited:


Yeah, this photo is my blog profile photo (noticed the girl sitting on the ledge? Ain't she cute? I helped her documented her jump with her camcorder. Hee~).

Now, now. I'm proud I jumped my big jump. Will you?

Go with friends. Jump together. Make a promise: I jump, you jump. *wink*

2 comments:

sekolahidup said...

if u jump
I jump too
oppss.. no

if u jump...
I...
I...
I shout 'Help! Help!'

hehehe

I wanna jump too
Someday insyaAllah

hafiz CHouJi said...

Just make sure there's no cord attached to your feet when I jump! Ehehe~