Friday, May 8, 2009

Expression Of This Heart

Okay. I have no motivation to write at all today. But Philip Pullman (the writer of His Dark Materials trilogy which is then made into film titled The Golden Compass) did say that a good writer should write every day, lest his writing muscles will get dull. I'm not a good writer but I don't want my writing muscles to get dull when I really need 'em for heaps of assignmentosauruses waiting to be defeated in a brawl. Ehehe~

And so, I wrote a poem. This poem I wanna share here is specially dedicated to every person on Earth who regards me as their friend. Here goes:

Expression of this Heart

I know
There are times when
I was sensitive
Way too sensitive
Over the very smallest things
Over conversations
Between us.
I ranted
I huffed
I sulked
without thinking about your feelings.
And I am so
very sorry for that.

I realised now
There are times when
I did things selfishly
Way too selfish
That I hurt your feelings
Without you ever
Showing me you were hurt.
Yet I kept on
Hurting
Marring
Wounding
Your heart again.
And again.
And for that,
I am so very sorry.

I could apprehend
Your feelings now
For the times
When I was so stubborn
Way too stubborn
That I listened not
To your advices.
Instead of be a man
And face my problems
With all I've got,
I whined
I whimpered
I lamented
And gave excuses
Over my inability and lack of strength
To face the day.
Shameful man I was
and I am so very sorry
for that.

I understand
I could be annoying
Way too much annoying sometimes.
Yet you had
Tolerated my behaviours
Endured annoyance I caused
Listened to my rants
And accepted me
Just the way I am.
And for all these,
my friend,
I thank you
With all my heart.


That's all for today. Thank you for reading. Ehehe~

No comments: