Saturday, May 16, 2009

Where I Found Peace

I went to Metro New World this afternoon, walking slowly down Willis Street through a crowd of busy Kiwis and squint-eyed Asians hustling and bustling towards their destination. I was listening to my MP3 and had no care about the crowd. Suddenly a small girl (I think she's three) bumped into me. Her dad apologised and the little girl looked confused but she smiled. And I returned the smile to her and told her dad, "it's okay".

This reminds me about last Thursday when I was on my way to ALIN301 tutorial. I was climbing the staircase right opposite my house when I saw a big group of primary kids were going up the hill I was about to climb myself. Some were tirelessly running. Some were walking briskly. Some were huffing and puffing for oxygen. They all looked so cute. And there was this little golden-haired girl of five or six clad in a warm-red jacket, walking side by side with another black-haired girl of her age.

Suddenly the black-haired girl paced faster and dash forward. The golden-haired girl tried to catch up but she was tired and complained, "No, I can't." I was walking right next to her when I heard her complained. I bowed a little so that my head was close enough to hers and said, "Yes, you can!" She smiled back, shyly, before running with all her might to catch up to her friend. And she made it. And I continued walking to tutorial, with a wide smile etched on my lips for almost the whole day.

When I was doing my shopping, I was drowned deep in my own thought. Lately, I couldn't smile honestly. Many a smile had I faked, many a laugh had I made when I was around people. But I noticed one thing: Seeing children draws out a sense of inner peace that form an honest smile on my lips. A child's smile is contagious, at least to me. Perhaps those innocent and honest smiles from children can be a cure to this disease I have in my heart.

8 comments:

mizzshaina said...

haha..ape lg choji.. cpt2 la menimang anak..haha..

true2..its not about a child's smile, its about the smile itself. smile is contagious (i meant the sincere smile okaayy, not the cynical one)

ble ckp pasal senyum kan, aku teringat plak pasal masalah aku.. aku ni tak brani nak start senyum kat org dulu sbb takut senyum tak dibalas.so wat i did is, when i saw a potentially-friendly-face-who-will-smile-back-to-me person, i flashed them a smile and then averted my gaze somewhere else so that if in case they are not smiling back at me, i wont know and it wont hurt as much.. pastu takdela nmpk obvious sgt kan aku senyum kat ko..haha.. tah pape kan..anyway, kite punye society skang ni pelik sket.aku nak la at least senyum kat sesame org islam kan.huhu, tapi masalahnye diorg tak pnah nak balas..sedey..

btw,the way u encourage that girl is praise worthy. gud job choji. ure on ur way to be a great teacher=)

hafiz CHouJi said...

Menimang anak? Bagaimanakah itu, wahai Sarah? Calon isteri pon takde lagi nie. Ahaha~

Anyway, I experienced people refused to smile back at me here. Muslim girls, Malaysians. Kat Mesia of course I would not bother smiling at them lest they would think I'm wooing them or the sort. But here. I smiled on the ground that we are all Malaysians, and all are Muslims but they looked away as if I was wooing them. My goodness.

Owh yes. Not the smile, I think. It's the sincerity that comes with a smile that made the smile contagious. You can feel it when a person smiles sincerely, don't you? Hee~

~p/s: Urm. Ko ada penah senyum kat aku ke? Tak penah perasan dowh. Thought you always divert your vision somewhere else from me whenever I look your way? X'P

sekolahidup said...

=) =) =)
keep on smiling
('_')V

hafiz CHouJi said...

You too, kak Honeyz! Keep on smiling yea~

X'D

mizzshaina said...

aku menjaga pandangan~ lalala
haha^_-

hafiz CHouJi said...

Menjaga pandangan? Ahaha~

. . . baeklah. Lalala~

Unknown said...

hye blog hopping.

;)

nice thoughts u have there

hafiz CHouJi said...

Thank you for reading!