Monday, May 4, 2009

I Missed You

I browsed through my old folders of poetry and short stories I collected and wrote and found a piece of poem so beautiful it took my breath away for one whole second. I'm not sure whether I wrote this or I found it somewhere, but what I know is that I really wanna post it here. Here goes:

I MISSED YOU


Today I thought about you
And I realized something.
I felt like a part of me was missing,
And I discovered it was you.

We were so comfortable around each other,
And we didn't have to think about
What we say, or how we say it.
I missed that today.
And I'm missing you.

I thought of the times when we
Kicked back, shared our dreams, our hopes,
And plans - and you really listened.
O how I miss that today.
And I'm missing you.

Remembering your smile,
And how you made me smile -
Forms a smile on my face.
I love how being just who we are was enough.
I missed that today.
And I'm missing you.

As you go through your days without me,
And I go through mine without you,
Please know that you often cross my mind,
And I wonder if I ever crossed yours.
Because I never stop loving you
Though I said I've moved on.
That's why I'm missing you today
As I always had, everyday.



Beautiful, isn't it? Well, I think it is beautiful because I can relate well to the feeling the original author tried to convey.

7 comments:

mizzshaina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coffeemug said...

i feel that feeling today...though i know is shdnt be missing him...
i keep wondering if he miss me2,but i realized that was just not going to happen...

hafiz CHouJi said...

mizzshaina: Why delete your comment?

coffeemug: This poem is universal, don't you agree? Anyone can relate to it.

You know, I think what matters is the fact that you miss him. He misses you or not is not what matters. Give love but don't expect love in return; but if someone gives you love, open your heart and proudly receive it. Life will be more love to live with that way. Hee~

Anyway, who are you? Unfortunately I can't view your blog, though.

coffeemug said...

u noe me,but i wont reveal who i am...
sort of missing d moment with him...
u'll never appreciate sthing till u lost it..d same goes to me,i only realized that i really need him when his heart wasnt mine anymore...~sigh

but i believe,everything happens for reasons, and i never give up in love...

hafiz CHouJi said...

It's good that you don't give up.

But you know, I learnt that sometimes you just have to give up love and really, really move on with life. It doesn't mean you don't love the person you loved anymore. You still love him and because you still do that you move on - for his sake and for your own good.

That's what happened with me. I learnt it the hard way. I had a girl I really, really in love with (for the first time in life I felt that way, believe me) but there was a huge, indestructible wall between us. She wants to keep away and start to forget me. I loved her so much (and unfortunately, I still do), and I respect her decision. That's why I gave up love.

I really wish I know who you are because I love to know who my friends are. *wink*

Mrs. H said...

that is soooo sweet~
sweet sgt..

sameon said...

saye nak komen yg saye sgt2 suke poem nie. if it was u who wrote it, well done! if it wasnt, then good thing u found it! hehe but yea.. saye jadi emo kejap selepas bace 'i miss u' nie. KEJAP je la. wat ape rindu pd org yg tak sudi. kan? em tu je la saye nak komen. LOL