Monday, September 20, 2010

Unexpected, Yet Beautiful

In the name of Allah, who is always with people of Patience.


It has been a few days since the day I started to feel so emotionally down and downtrodden due to some things better not said. Or rather, I know not what causes it.

I became oversensitive and mostly I kept myself silent.

It would have been great to have a company, to whom I can tell things and share secrets with, so that I could cheer myself up and forget all worries. But apparently, I have none at the moment. So I bottled things up and keep them inside.

But stress eats ones up from the inside. That's what happened to me. I wanted to scream, I wanted to shout . . . but when the urge came, I kept telling myself this: Dear self, be patient. Allah is teaching you about patience. Fasbir, sobran jameel (be patient, because patience is beautiful).


And today, something unexpected happened. Something that curved my lips and made my day.

I went to teach Form 2 Gemilang today and when I was about to leave the class when I finished my lesson, a student called me out. I went to him and he showed two things (which I'd rather not tell yet what it is) -- one is red, the other one is blue. "Teacher, choose one," was what he said.

"Is that for me?" I asked.

"Yes, bought it from Thailand. For you. Please choose one," he grinned.

"Okay. I like blue; so I'll take that one," I said pointing at the beautiful, little blue thing in his left hand. He put the little blue thing in my hand and I said thank you. He smiled. And I smiled.


The blue little thing . . .

. . . that curved my lips and made my day. :')


So my dear BEC, thank you for that little gift you gave me when I really needed something to cheer me up. It's not your gift that cheered me up, no matter how cute or beautiful it is. It is your thought that made my day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Really; when you know you are remembered and loved, it will make your day.


And I thank Allah most especially, for sending me this little boy with heart of gold to cheer me up. Allah knows His servants much better than they know themselves. And He knows exactly when and how to console them when they are down.

Sometimes -- perhaps most of the times, the servants are too "busy" whining and complaining that they do not realise that Allah is consoling them with things they never expected.



Did He not promise that He will not burden us with things we cannot bear? And that there will be ease after difficulties?







"Innallaha ma'as sobireen (Verily, Allah is always with people of patience). Alhamdulillah, wa syukrillah."

4 comments:

iynas said...

Good for you :-)

hafiz CHouJi said...

Thank you. :')

safiyyah said...

kadang-kadang kegembiraan juga boleh datang dari sesuatu yang kecil kan? :)

hafiz CHouJi said...

Betul. :')