Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trust Is Earned, You Know

"Trust is earned, not given"

*****

In the name of Allah, in whom I put my complete Faith.


I was writing another entry - a happy entry about some happy, motivating thing when a sad news befell me. I was so upset and frustrated, I burst into rage. It has been sometimes I ever felt this kind of negative emotions.

Yes, I always try to look at things from the most positive ways even when doing so hurts my feelings. But that is okay with me since Allah loves most those who are patient and persevere [QS. 2:45, 3:200].

But today, I just can't keep myself calm when I heard the news.


I forgive you, my friend. But don't bother me for I am mad at the moment, very much I am though I'll cool down very soon. But here are some things, my friend, for you to keep in mind. Maybe a lesson you need to learn?

If you were given someone's trust, hold it close to your heart.
For trust is earned, not given.
If you were given someone's trust, never desecrate it.
For trust is earned, not given.
If you were given someone's trust, honour the trust.
For trust is earned, not given.
Why o why, you ask?
If earning trust is hard,
think again.
For lost trust is even harder to earn.


. . . perhaps some people really need to revise what they have learnt in Human Development (skeptically, I wonder how much they have really learnt?), regarding why did Erikson classified "Trust vs. Mistrust" as the first stage of his proposed, well-known psychosocial development theory.

Just a reminder to you, and to me:

"Whatever misfortune happen to you,
is because of the things your hands have wrought,
and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness."
[QS. Ash-Shura 42:30]



"O Allah for where my soul be kept! I beseech Thee for steadfastness in being honest and humble, and Protection from the Evil One's whispers to break promises and desecrate trust. For I am weak and fragile, I am prone to anger and hatred so with Thy Love and Compassion, I beg Thee for strength to forgive people and myself. O Lord of All in Heavens and the Earth!"

2 comments:

mimiqt said...

wah..this shows how many days we haven't really talked.

I'll pray that you'll be okay.

hafiz CHouJi said...

Alhamdulillah, I'm okay now thanks to some people who has been good listeners. Thanks for your concern too. But most importantly, many thanks to Allah for the many things happened as a mean to console me. :')